Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Track, The Sister, and Some Rest.

So Saturday morning i woke up nice and early and drove my ass down to the springs. It was to good an opportunity to pass up, getting to riding the track with my sister.

My sister is a Freshman at Fort Lewis down in Drurango, see fell in love with Durango when she came down to visit me back in April while i was laying low. Well i was laying low but with a bit of a high profile. Last week my sister joined the famed Cycling team. I was so stoked, an proud to hear the news. Durango is one of the bike crazy towns, where its hard not to ride your bike. in her first weekend on the team Rick Crawford asked her and a bounce of the kids to come to Colorado Springs to get some track time in before they go off to San Diego for Track Nationals. My sis asked Rick if he would bring an extra track bike down so that i could come ride with them. So i showed up switched saddles, and pedals and jumped up on the track. It was super fun, with a touch of really creepy. I thought all was going well till i thought i could coast through a turn and nearly came to grief. No worries though, i didn't crash and i learned real quick you have to keep the cranks turnin. I had a great time visiting with my sister, and Crawford. I'm so pleased she is doing well and is so happy. Cant wait to see her again.

Sunday was nice, cool and crisp. Went out and had myself a great long run. Monday was nice to, spent the day with my Linz, who happened to have the day off. We also went over to the 29th street mall and had some Wine and took in a movie. We saw Death at a Funeral, which was super funny, we both absolutely loved it, and would recommend it to anyone.

On an note, the team Had some great success this weekend, Brent Prenzlow took the first Cyclocross win of the season. He won ahead of Mark McCormack and Matt Krause. Here is what Brent had to say about the race.


Hello

- I opened my cross season yesterday in New England at the Milford Cyclocross Classic held in rainy conditions. There was a small, but competitive 20 rider field including local heavy-hitters Mark McCormack and Matt Krause. I was able to get into the lead group of 4 riders. McCormack entered the pits and fell behind with a cleat issue. With the race down to 3, I upped the pace and Krause fell back leaving just two of us in front. Approaching the last lap, I was able to get a gap over the barriers and held a narrow lead all the way to the finish to take the win! I was pleasantly surprised and was awarded a nice $200 cash prize for the effort. Check out the new kit in action!

Some photos are online here: http://www.paulweiss.bz/Milfordcx07web2/elite%20men/index.htm

Results should be posted soon. Check bikereg.com ...

Regards,


Brent

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awww bro bear!! Thanks for coming down!! It was soo good to see you!! You were hte reason i feel in love with Durango and helped me realize how much I do love my bike!! I love you and am going to make you proud again!! You are making me proud this year, like whoa!!
xoxo
pojo

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home