Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Weekend

Thank God or whom ever you want. My first weekend back has come to a close. Gloucester GP started the weekend with a BANG. The bang being a exploded chain about 3 seconds into the race. Those who saw it could not believe the circus skills i possess. Took everything I had to keep from going down. It was a bit like the famous Erik Zabel TdF spring from years ago. The one where he cliped out rode the top-tube with both feet on the ground. Only this time i had 5 or 6 guys go up my back. Needless to say I was a DNF That made 6 DNF's in a row at one of my favorite races. Not Cool.

Round 2 was way better. The bikes were flipping awesome. The legs felt good, and the skills were coming back with every lap at race speed. Nothing to say other then it was a good start and even more important a FINISH.

I also Raced Jamestown Classic bike race on Columbus Day. It was nothing special a group went up the road without me. I didnt feel like riding yet, still a little poked from the cross race. Sat around thinking about next weeks cross races and hoping for rain. Going into the last K i thought maybe i'll give it a dig. I almost came up with the goods taking out the field sprint. I thought that was funny since this was my first and last road race of the year. I did overtake a Kelly Benefits and Rock Racing rider, which is nice.



Here are some pic's of my A bike.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home