Saturday, September 22, 2007

List

Its been a while But i have been busy or not depends on who you ask. So here a list of things that i have and haven't done, if you care or not.

Last weekend skipped the season opening cross race in Co. cause i was so stressed you could fry and egg on my head.

Started the cross build. Didn't get it done in time to do the Wed morning coffee shop worlds cross ride. All because i didn't have a flipping chain tool.

When to see the Arcade Fire at Red Rocks! Super fucking cool they are becoming one of my all time favorite bands.

Thursday motorpaced with Frank Overton in Boulder, and had a blast. It was great to put some work in and get the bike as dialed as i could before today's race.

Yesterday got into Mich. no worries. Met up with Brent got food, Hotel and so sleep.

Today was the first race of my season. Get the cobwebs out and open the legs for whats going to be a long and hard season. Had a good warm up didn't like the course much but nothing to do about that. Only have 2 UCI points so I'm last call up. Being last call up blows i was 4th row and about 25th or so after the first lap. That means i was already a min down on Jon Page and the front of the race. I stayed pretty cool and didn't freak out. I spent laps 2-5 just riding my own race and feeling good about myself. Rode from 25-9 by the end of the forth lap i had pulled myself and Grant Berry of Durango up to Steve Tillford and Adam Myerson. who were in 7th and 8th. Just as we made contact with them i got a Freak side stitch. I had to sit up and take a lap to get things under control. Buy the end of my lap off i was 16th with less then 2 laps to go. I felt ok so i rode "firm" till i was 13th. Not a bad start to the season at least its a race under my belt. 4 or the top 5 races today raced Worlds last season so the race was 4reel. Brent my teammate had a strong day and rode to 6th. We only had one casualty today and it was a 303 from rim. about half way Brent cracked his from wheel and kept riding till his front tire was about flat when he noticed it was cracked. He took a bike and but was just to far in back of fith to make a late race charge for the last podium spot.

Better luck next time, but good start for me and for the Team.


T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home